Terms of Sale
The technical steps required to create the contract between you and Kara Jewellery are as follows:
- You place the order for your products on the Website by pressing the confirm order button at the end of the checkout process. You will be guided through the process of placing an order by a series of simple instructions on the Website.
- We will send to you an order acknowledgement email detailing the products you have ordered. This is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from Kara Jewellery.
- As your product is shipped we will send you a despatch confirmation email.
- Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on the despatch to you of the Products ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order, or you have cancelled it in accordance with the instructions.
Non-acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following:
- The product you ordered being unavailable from stock.
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment.
- The identification of a pricing or product description error.
- Your address not being in a country we deliver to.
The contract will be concluded in English.
Prices, payment and VAT
We reserve the right to amend prices in the event of a rise in the cost of precious metals or any other reasons.
We offer various ways for you to pay for your order, including: Visa and MasterCard (debit, credit and pre-paid cards); Maestro; American Express and PayPal.
Orders can be processed directly though this web site with all card payments securely processed via a third party payment system called WorldPay.
Payment for products and delivery services is to be made in pounds Sterling. All prices shown on the website for both products and delivery services are inclusive of any applicable UK VAT.
Personal information and validation checks
You warrant that the Personal Information which you provide when you register as a customer is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects; and you will notify us immediately of any changes to the Personal Information by contacting us by email or phone.
All credit, debit and charge card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
In addition, in the interests of preventing fraudulent use of credit, debit and charge cards, will validate the names, addresses and other information supplied during the order process against commercially available records (e.g. Electoral Roll data, Credit Reference Services). A third party may also be instructed to complete these checks. By ordering from the Kara Jewellery website you consent to such checks being made. We may need to contact you by letter, telephone or email to verify details before we are able to process and dispatch your order, or we may be unable to accept your order. Any information given may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of the information.
All information provided will be treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. These measures are taken as extra protection for you, to ensure your online shopping experience with us is as safe and secure as possible.
We are very proud of our reputation as makers and suppliers of quality jewellery. All purchases are guaranteed against flaws in workmanship, for a period of 2 years from the date of purchase.
Should you have any cause for complaint, you should return the item to:
Kara Jewellery, Hill Farm House, Yalding Hill, Yalding, Kent, ME18 6AN
Alternatively you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to include a copy of your receipt.
The guarantee does not cover loss or damage caused by accident, misuse, neglect, perfume or normal wear and tear. The guarantee is not transferable and does not affect your statutory rights.
Kara Jewellery will provide a full refund or exchange should you receive a faulty item or be unsatisfied with an item received on the following conditions:
- If any items in your order prove to be faulty, please return the items to us with a copy of the delivery note, email us at email@example.com to obtain a returns number and also indicate whether you would like to receive a refund (including delivery costs) or an exchange.
- Our promise to replace the item or refund your money does not apply to faults or damages caused by accident, neglect or misuse.
If you change your mind you may return any product to Kara Jewellery, in perfect condition and in its original packaging, within 21 days of receipt of your delivery:
- For online orders, a refund can be requested within 14 days of despatch.
- For online orders, an exchange can be requested within 21 days of despatch.
Certain exclusions apply see paragraph below. Please contact us to obtain a returns number, include the reason the product has been returned and indicate whether you would like to receive a refund or an exchange.
Except in relation to faulty or incorrectly supplied goods, where your statutory rights are unaffected, personalised goods made to a customer's specifications may not be returned.
The Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 offers you the following cancellation rights when you buy online or by phone:
- You are entitled to cancel your contract if you so wish, provided that you exercise your right no longer than 14 days after the day on which you receive the goods or services.
- Your right to return products does not apply to goods made to your specification, that have been clearly personalised or which by reason of their nature cannot be returned.
- If you wish to exercise your right of cancellation, you are obliged to retain possession of the goods and take reasonable care of them.
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel your contract by a clear statement, including details of your name, geographical address, details of the order you wish to cancel and, where available, your phone number and email address.
- You can cancel by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01622 370234, or write to: Hill Farm House, Yalding Hill, Yalding, Kent, ME18 6AN.
- If you decide to cancel, you should return the goods to us at your cost within 14 days of such cancellation and we will reimburse to you (by the method used to pay for the original transaction) the amount in relation to goods to which cancellation rights apply. This includes the cost of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you choose a type of delivery other than our standard and least expensive method of delivery).
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you. We will make the reimbursement no later than 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied.
Even though packages are sent via Royal Mail, Special Delivery, on rare occasions we could experience losses whilst in transit. If this occurs please allow 10 days for the package to arrive from the date of despatch.
Please be aware that if we are not contacted within 30 days, an insurance claim cannot be made and thus the customer will be unable to claim any loss from us.
UK standard deliveries
All items are handmade and made to order and can therefore be made to your exact specifications. For all UK orders, we will attempt to deliver your order within 15 working days of payment being received in full. Where it is not possible to meet these timescales, we will notify you and advise you of an anticipated delivery date.
We now offer delivery of products from our website to international destinations. Postage and packaging costs will be shown when the order is placed.
The processing of customer orders can vary due to the complexity of the pieces and can take between 5 to 30 days, although orders will be processed as quickly as possible. Please also allow extra time for postage and delivery.
Commission order delivery times are separate and are discussed upon agreement.
A 50 % deposit is required on all commission orders.
Should you require an order or piece urgently, please let us know so that special arrangements can be made to fulfil such a request.
All deliveries will be made to you at the addresses specified by you in the order. We may, at our discretion and expense, deliver parts of your order separately.
A signature will be required to receive the order and you will be responsible for the products as soon as they are delivered. Ownership of the products shall pass to you once we have received payment in full and the items have been signed for.
If you decide to have your order delivered to a different address than your own, a signature will still be required and the general conditions of delivery will remain unchanged.